Saturday, October 9, 2010

What have I gotten myself in to...

I'm not sure why, but for some reason over the last couple of weeks (maybe it's because so many of my friends online are bloggers), I have had this increasing urge to start a blog.  I am not the most eloquent writer, nor do I always feel that I have anything of value to say, so please forgive me if my posts are few and far between. 

I'm sure that the majority of this blog will be devoted to the "shenanigans" of my son, Logan, and my frustration with his fight with Cystic Fibrosis.  No doubt as he grows there will be more to blog about but to date, being that he's only 5 1/2 months old, his humorous endeavours are limited. 

Currently i'm sitting on my couch watching MythBusters on TV as Logan sleeps in what appears to be a very uncomfortable position with his head cocked heavily to one side.  Sometimes I don't know how that kid can sleep in our house.  Between the wrestling dogs, screaming bird, and my constant need for some kind of music or white noise his sound slumber is astounding.  And yet, he sleeps.  Without a worry in the world.  Little does he know that as soon as he wakes up it's time for his nebulizer and cpt.  Poor child.  He's so good about sitting still for 45 minutes during each of his treatments.  I can't imagine how it will be when he's big enough to really fight back.  I guess I should save that worry for the appropriate time. 

Well, dear ones, I really should take this opportunity to start his treatments while he's asleep and maybe acomplish some neglected housework...   I leave you with a parting verse that has been my saving grace the last few months and a hope that at least on occasion, this blog will entertain you.   Until next time.

John 9:1-3
1 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth.  2 And His diciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"  3 Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him."

No comments:

Post a Comment