Saturday, November 20, 2010

I hate the aspirator.

I am developing a serious love/hate relationship with the nasal aspirator.  Thank goodness we have a couple because I don't know how we would have gotten through the cold season if we didn't, but having to use it every 15 minutes on my poor baby, especially in the middle of the night, is getting to be exhausting.  Logan is sick (hopefully on the downslope) with his second cold in as many months.  There are things to be grateful for of course:
1.  It's NOT a chest cold!  The poor kid is congested beyond belief and I had no idea that a child that small could snore that loud, but there's not much of a cough.  It seems to be focused in his sinuses and I would rather be sucking snot out of his nose than giving him antibiotics for a cough. 
2.  I'm NOT sick!  Also a good thing since Landon has the same cold and the boys are pretty much decomissioned.
3.  He's building his immune system!  Good of course.  Just wanted him to wait a bit longer :)

That's about all I can think of right now.  I'm really bummed that he keeps getting sick.  Not only is it horrifying to me but it makes me feel inadequate.  Even more than usual.  I just wish I could do more!  I wish I could use a humidifier!  I wish they had decongestants for infants!  I know kids get colds, but I just had this delusion of granduer that I would be able to keep him from getting sick at least until he was a year old.  Plus I'm not a huge fan of being covered in snot.  But, there are worse things!

Needless to say, the nasal aspirator will be bleached and steam sterilized after this cold has passed.
cuddling with my puppy always makes me feel better

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh that is the cutest picture of Logan!! I just wish he felt better :( Hang in there, you'll get through this cold season and things will be better. Thinking of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete